- March 23, 2016
Acorn Squash with Walnuts & Cranberries Recipe.
Here’s a new and delicious way to get your squash fix: instead of stuffing it with sausage or other meats, try a big pile of hearty walnuts and tart cranberries. The nuts give the whole dish a great texture, and the cranberries add little bursts of sweet-tart flavor in every bite: it’s perfect if you typically think of winter squash as bland or flavorless.Print
Acorn Squash with Walnuts & Cranberries Recipe
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, with the seeds scooped out;
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped;
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries;
- 2 tbsp. honey; (optional)
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine the walnuts, the cranberries, and the honey (if using).
- Split the mixture between the two squash halves. Top each half with 1 tablespoon butter or ghee.
- Place in a baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Place the squash in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the flesh is soft.