- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 360 mins
- 6 people
- April 25, 2016
Slow-Cooker Chicken Cheese Tortellini Soup.
Easy ingredients go into the slow cooker to make this deliciously cozy meal.Print
Slow-Cooker Chicken Cheese Tortellini Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or thighs, cubed
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 6–8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Crackers, for serving
- To the bowl of a 6-8 quart slow cooker, add the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, olive oil, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Give everything a good stir. Add 6 cups chicken broth; cover and cook for 4-6 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Just before serving, add the tortellini and cook an additional 10 minutes on High. If desired, add more broth to reach your desired consistency. Once the tortellini is soft, stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with crackers.