- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- February 7, 2016
Those fun-filled noodles take center stage in this flavorful soup. The taste will remind you of chicken noodle with a cheese twist.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 cartons (32 oz each) Progresso™ chicken broth (8 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 2 packages (9 oz each) dried cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated whole nutmeg
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Cover and cook garlic, celery, carrot and onion in butter 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Stir in tortellini. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in parsley, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Top each serving with cheese.