- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- February 27, 2016
Vegetable soup-puree with baked sweet pepper.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from my mother’s friend Claire, who grows beautiful red bell peppers in her garden. She brought over some soup for us to try and a recipe.
Over the years we’ve adjusted the recipe to include more peppers and fewer potatoes, to intensify the roasted red pepper flavor.
By the way, this soup is open to flexibility on the ingredients and amounts. Claire originally made her soup with non-fat milk instead of the cream, and it was still wonderful.
- 2 potato medium size
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 sweet peppers
- 5-6 sprigs of greenery
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. wash the peppers, wipe dry, lightly grease with vegetable oil. Bake in ovenproof form or on the baking pan, covered with foil, for 25 minutes. Flip the peppers after 15 minutes and continue to bake the remaining time. Ready pepper cover tightly with foil or place in bag, tie and leave for 10-15 minutes. Then peel the skin off, remove seeds and small dice.
- In a saucepan bring to boil 3 cups of water, salt the. Potatoes and carrots cut small, add to boiling water and cook until tender.
- While vegetables cook, finely chop the onion and saut? until soft over medium heat in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Add sliced peppers and fried onions in a pot with vegetables and preroute immersion blender until smooth. Return the pot to heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly so that the flavors have merged. Add chopped greens and remove from heat. The density of the soup can be adjusted by adding a little boiling water.