- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 15 people
- April 30, 2016
Blueberry-Carrot Cake Muffins.
muffin mix gets a carrot-cake remix in this yummy breakfast bread recipe.Print
Blueberry-Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 box wild blueberry muffin mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons blueberry liquid (reserved from can of blueberries)
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place paper baking cup in each of 15 regular-size muffin cups, or grease with shortening.
- Drain blueberries from muffin mix in strainer set over bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid for glaze.
- In large bowl, mix muffin mix, buttermilk, oil, cream cheese and eggs until just combined (batter will be lumpy). Fold in carrots, nutmeg and drained blueberries. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from muffin cups.
- In small bowl, beat Glaze ingredients with whisk until smooth. Drizzle over muffins.