- April 9, 2016
Microwave Mug Mac ‘n’ Cheese.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Microwave Macaroni and Cheese in a Mug may change the way you make this family favorite forever! It’s made with real ingredients in the microwave in just minutes. Say goodbye to those dried macaroni boxes because from here on you can make it cheaper, faster and better.
Microwave Macaroni and Cheese in a Mug can be mixed and cooked all in a mug. Many people are amazed that you can cook pasta quickly and easily in the microwave. If you are, then you might be blown away that you can add in 3 other ingredients to make the delicious cheesy sauce.
This Microwave Mug Meal is perfect for Lunch or Dinner but will even work really well as a filling snack.
To save you even more time make your Microwave Macaroni and Cheese the night before and then the next day microwave for the last few minutes to heat up your ingredients and enjoy!
- 1/3 cup (28g/1oz) pasta
- 3/4 cup (175ml/6fl oz) water, cold
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the macaroni and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly another 3 ? minutes. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Pour off the remaining cooking water.
- Stir in the milk, cornstarch and shredded cheese and microwave for a final 60 seconds to create your sauce. Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.