- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- February 14, 2016
Baby corn and noodle fritters.
An excellent source of dietary fibre and vitamin C, sweet corn is a healthy choice for your everyday diet. Try them in these delicious, low-fat corn and noodle fritters.
Baby corn and noodle fritters
- 85g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125g fresh baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Sweet chilli sauce, sliced green onion, sliced red chilli and mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes or until softened. Drain. Cut into 2cm lengths.
- Combine onion, corn, chilli, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and flour in a bowl. Add eggs. Stir to combine. Stir in noodles.
- Heat peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, cook in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover with foil to keep warm. Serve fritters with sweet chilli sauce, onion, chilli and salad leaves.