- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 560 mins
- 6 people
- February 7, 2016
Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili.
Lovers of dark chicken meat will love this zesty chili that features hominy rather than beans!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ chili seasoning mix
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) hominy or Posole, drained
- Sour cream, if desired
- Cilantro, if desired
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Stir to break up chicken. Stir in hominy. Cover and cook on low heat setting 15 minutes until heated through. Serve chili with sour cream and cilantro.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.