- Preparation time
- 55 mins
- Cooking time
- 380 mins
- 4 people
- January 14, 2017
Vietnamese Lemongrass And Chili Grilled Chicken
We love how the spike of chili offers a welcome warm up on cold winter nights. This simple dish is found at many restaurants and street stalls and captures the fresh and vibrant flavors of the cooking in that part of the world.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 medium lemongrass stalks, tender white parts only, crushed and very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce Coupons
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- Accompaniments: mint leaves, Thai or Vietnamese basil, cilantro, sliced cucumbers, chopped dry roasted peanuts, steamed jasmine rice
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slitting each one horizontally so that it is still joined in one side, and then open it out. Place the butterflied breasts on a cutting board or flat countertop, cover them with plastic wrap, and gently pound flat with a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the lemongrass, chili garlic sauce, sugar, soy and fish sauces, lime juice, and oil in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, and then add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Place the chicken on a hot grill and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Slice and serve with the suggested accompaniments.