- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 6 people
- April 23, 2016
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potato Foil Packs.
This super-simple recipe is sure to be your new go-to side for every weeknight dinner and backyard bash, any time of year. Bonus: no cleanup!Print
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potato Foil Packs
- 1 1/2 lb small (two-bite) Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch dip mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 jalape?o chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (18×12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add cut potatoes to medium bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with ranch dip mix. Add jalape?o chile; stir until evenly coated. Place equal amount of mixture on center of each sheet of foil. Evenly sprinkle with bacon.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 12 to 14 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Remove packs from grill, cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil, and sprinkle potatoes with cheese. If desired, garnish with sliced jalape?o chile.