- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 405 mins
- Hard recipes
- 6 people
- February 5, 2016
Slow-Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup.
A hot, hearty soup is waiting for you when you get home if you rely on your slow cooker!Print
Slow-Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
- Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- Place Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -qt slow cooker bowl. Make sure that liner fits snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl and pull the top of the liner over rim of bowl.
- In lined slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.