- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- 2 people
- May 13, 2016
Roast Cornish Hen with Vegetables.
When the occasion calls for a special dinner for two, this recipe fills the bill. Just 15 minutes of prep time, and you are ready to pop this stunning meal into the oven.
Roast Cornish Hen with Vegetables
- 1 Cornish game hen (24 oz), thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium dark-orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 400?F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Remove and discard neck and giblets from game hen. With kitchen scissors, cut hen in half; place halves, skin side up, in baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix garlic salt, chili powder, ginger, cumin and oil. Brush hen halves with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture. To remaining mixture in bowl, add sweet potatoes, red potatoes and bell pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around hen halves in dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until hen halves are fork-tender and juices run clear, and vegetables are tender.