- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- 6 people
- May 25, 2016
Speedy Layered Chicken Enchilada Pie.
Enjoy a main-dish pie that stacks up in tasty layers.
Speedy Layered Chicken Enchilada Pie
- 1 (11-oz.) pkg. (8 tortillas) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (15-oz.) can Progresso™ Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (19-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Green Giant™ frozen white shoepeg corn (from 9-oz box), thawed
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- Chopped green onions, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish or casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Cut 5 of the tortillas in half. Cut remaining tortillas into 2 1/2-inch-wide strips. In large bowl, combine chicken, rice, 1 cup of the cheese, beans and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce; mix well.
- Layer 4 tortilla halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish. Top with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and half of the chicken mixture. Top with 2 tortilla halves; fill in empty spaces with 3 tortilla strips. Spoon corn over tortillas. Spread salsa over corn. Layer with 2 tortilla halves and 3 strips. Top with remaining half of chicken mixture. Continue layering with remaining 2 tortilla halves and strips, enchilada sauce, cheese and 2 tablespoons green onions.
- Bake at 350°F. for 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes. Top with sour cream and green onions.