- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 580 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 8 people
- May 15, 2016
Overnight Chicken Enchilada Bake.
A saucy, Southwestern casserole is made the night before. Bake it the next day for a no-fuss dinner.Print
Overnight Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 (10-oz.) cans Old El Paso™ Enchilada Sauce
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish and 16×12-inch sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in soup, sour cream and chiles.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce in sprayed baking dish. Arrange half of the tortilla pieces over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spoon and spread 1 cup enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas. Spread half of chicken mixture over sauce. Top with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers, starting with tortilla pieces. Cover tightly with sprayed foil. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Bake covered 30 minutes. Uncover baking dish; bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese begins to brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with onions.