- Preparation time
- 18 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 7 people
- May 24, 2016
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole.
Bake a colorful and great-tasting casserole that begs for a fiesta!Print
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 7 or 8 Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos & Fajitas (from 10.5-oz. pkg.)
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 oz. crumbled ch?vre (goat) cheese
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add beans, enchilada sauce and green chiles; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Spoon ground beef mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in ungreased 12×8-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Spoon bean and enchilada sauce mixture over filled tortillas. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 400°F. for 8 to 12 minutes or until cheeses are melted and casserole is thoroughly heated. Spoon salsa down center of casserole; sprinkle with green onions.