- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 290 mins
- 8 people
- May 3, 2016
Night-Before Taco Bake.
Fix it early and pop this Mexican casserole in the oven at dinnertime.Print
Night-Before Taco Bake
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry (from 16-oz bag)
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant™ SteamCrisp® super sweet yellow and white corn
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (1.25 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ taco sauce
- 3 cups coarsely broken white corn chips (about 5 oz)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- Spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish and sheet of foil (large enough to cover dish) with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in bell pepper and onion stir-fry, corn, chiles and taco seasoning mix. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until bell peppers and onions are tender. Stir in taco sauce. Remove from heat.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly in bottom of baking dish. Cover with 2 cups of the chips. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the cheese over chips. Spoon remaining half of beef mixture evenly over cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top evenly with remaining 1 cup chips. Cover baking dish tightly with foil, sprayed side down. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 375°F. Bake casserole covered 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until casserole is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Cut into squares.