- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- May 21, 2016
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe.
The dramatic dark color of this sauce promises a lot of flavor – and it doesn’t disappoint. With the coconut aminos, ginger, and red pepper flakes, it has a hint of Asian flavor inspiration, and the honey balances out all the tart and spicy ingredients with just a little bit of sweetness. Top it all off with some green onions and devour.Print
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinless;
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar;
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos;
- 1 cup water;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 2 tbsp. raw honey;
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger;
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes;
- Green onion, finely sliced;
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, water, ginger, garlic, honey, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the drumstick in a saucepan or dutch oven.
- Pour the balsamic sauce on top of the drumsticks. Place the pan on the stovetop, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, make sure the drumsticks are well-coated with the sauce, and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the drumsticks topped with green onions.