- March 16, 2016
Chicken With Spinach And Artichokes Recipe.
Serve the cooked chicken thighs over roasted spaghetti squash “pasta” (or any other Paleo noodles you feel like enjoying), or try it with a roast vegetable side like eggplant or zucchini. It would also be tasty with some braised collards or other greens, if you’re more of a stovetop person: the 20 minutes of baking gives you plenty of time to pick a quick side and get everything cooked before the chicken is done and ready to enjoy.
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 14 oz. artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chicken and spinach preparation
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Season each chicken thigh with salt and pepper.
- Melt some cooking fat in a Dutch oven over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the Dutch oven and brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the artichokes, red onion, yellow onion, and carrots to the skillet.
- Cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally,
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for another minute.
- Return the chicken to the Dutch oven and pour in the stock.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.