- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- January 3, 2017
Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe
Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe – This quick and easy, one skillet Garlic Basil Chicken recipe comes together quickly for a fresh, delicious meal the whole family will love!
Made with less than 10 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium fresh zucchini, spiralized or shaved
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken generously with salt, pepper, and about ? teaspoon of the basil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for several minutes on each side until browned on both sides and cooked throughout. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, tomato sauce, butter, garlic and about 1 tablespoon of the basil and stir to combine until the butter is melted. Return the chicken to the skillet, top with about 1 teaspoon of the basil, cover and cook a few more minutes.
- Portion zucchini noodles into individual serving bowls. Spoon on some of the Garlic Basil Sauce and top with chicken and remaining basil.