- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 1 people
- March 24, 2016
Dairy Free Hot Chocolate.
A dairy free hot chocolate recipe made with almond milk and topped with coconut whipped cream. Tastes just as delicious as regular hot cocoa, and is ready in the microwave in less than 5 minutes! Paleo, vegan and gluten free.Print
Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s has the best!)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (or 3 teaspoons coconut sugar for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (optional, unless it’s Christmas time)
- coconut whipped cream (optional, but not really)
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, microwave the almond milk for 3 minutes.
- Once the almond milk is warm, add the chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract (and optional peppermint extract). Whisk to combine.
- Microwave for another 1 minute, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into a mug, and top with coconut whipped cream.