- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 6 people
- May 23, 2016
Cheesy Biscuit Lasagna.
Lasagna meets calzone, with family pleasing results!Print
Cheesy Biscuit Lasagna
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 jar (28 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 oz) Jr. Golden Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press or roll each into 4-inch round. In small bowl, mix mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, parsley flakes, onion and basil until well blended. Place about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on each biscuit round. Fold dough in half over filling; press edges with fork to seal.
- Into ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, pour hot beef mixture. Arrange filled biscuits on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.