- March 23, 2016
Shrimp, Pineapple and Bacon Skewers Recipe.
Savory-sweet little bites of bacon, shrimp, and pineapple make delicious finger-food for kids or fun party snacks – or try them out when you’re feeling a little bored of your usual meat rotation and want something different for dinner. They don’t take any longer to make than a traditional roast or other protein dish, and they make a nice change from the usual meat rotation.Print
Shrimp, Pineapple and Bacon Skewers Recipe
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb. bacon, half-cooked, with each slice cut in half
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- Small wood skewers
- Preheat your oven or grill to 425 F.
- In a bowl, mix ketchup, coconut aminos, and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- To assemble each skewer, place the shrimp with the curve towards you, and place a piece of pineapple in the curve. Then wrap a half-strip of bacon around the outside of the shrimp.
- Poke the skewer through the bacon, pineapple, and shrimp, and finally through the the opposite end of the bacon. Thread 2 to 3 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Brush each skewer with the pineapple-ketchup sauce, making sure they are well coated.
- Place the skewers in a roasting tin or on a grill, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.