- March 11, 2016
All-American Burger Recipe.
A big juicy burger is the cornerstone of any serious grilling repertoire, so here’s a backyard summer classic, made Paleo just in time for the end-of-summer barbecue bonanza.
This thick, juicy, succulent burger is grilled to perfection, then topped with smokey bacon and sharp Cheddar cheese. You’ll love the taste and texture of the home-ground meat!
- 1 lb. ground beef;
- 8 portobello mushrooms, stem removed;
- 8 bacon strips, cooked;
- 1 egg;
- 4 tomato slices;
- 4 onion slices;
- Fresh lettuce;
- Homemade ketchup; (optional)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the ground beef into 4 large patties.
- Rub the portobello mushroom with oil and season to taste.
- Grill the burgers, covered, for 4 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Grill the portobello mushroom for 4 to 6 minutes on each side at the same time.
- Serve the burger on the portobello mushrooms topped with bacon, ketchup, tomato, onion, and lettuce.