- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- July 25, 2016
Supreme Nacho Burger
This Supreme Nacho Burger has a chip-crusted black bean patty, rich cashew queso, guacamole, crunchy romaine and spicy peppers!
A super bowl crowd-pleaser!
Supreme Nacho Burger
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 15 ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (corn chips for gluten-free)
- 1/4 recipe from JusttheFood.com (link in paragraph above)
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 burger buns, or 8 slices of gluten-free bread to keep recipe GF
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno
Black Bean Patty
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor until they are small pieces; add black beans, red onion, chili powder, cumin, paprika, chipotle powder, cayenne and salt, pulse until combined and beans are broken down.
- Fold quick oats into burger mixture and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Place crushed chips in a shallow bowl, form bean mixture into four patties, pressing them lightly into the chips to get an even crust all over. Put patties on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes. (While patties are baking make queso and guacamole)
- Follow directions and recipe from JustTheFood.com, as linked in blog post.
- In a small bowl, mash all ingredients together and season with salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to assemble burgers.
- Once the burgers are done baking, lightly toast your buns (ahem), divide lettuce amongst bottom buns, then burger patties, queso, peppers, guacamole, and jalape?os. Maybe throw some hot sauce in there as well? You can't lose!
- Serve these burgers up and witness the eaters being transported to Supreme Nacho Burger heaven. Mmm.
Black Bean Burger