- October 5, 2016
Taco Burger Sliders.
A delicious combo of two fave foods – tacos andburgers – in slider form! Easy enough for family cook-outs, yet impressive enough for a party!Print
Taco Burger Sliders
- 2 tablespoons lower sodium salsa, such as Newman’s Own® Mild Salsa*
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 4 very thin slices 2% cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces), halved (optional)
- 8 small round whole wheat dinner or potato rolls, split and, if desired, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup lower sodium salsa
- In a large bowl combine the 2 tablespoons salsa and the taco seasoning. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. If desired, top patties with cheese. Cover and grill about 1 minute more or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Fill rolls with burgers, lettuce, and the 1/2 cup salsa.