- March 23, 2016
Salmon with Tomato Pesto Recipe.
You’ve made pesto with basil – maybe even with asparagus. But have you ever tried it with tomatoes? It’s a new and different taste, but just give it a shot; you might like it! Tomatoes have a delicious natural sweetness that fits perfectly with grilled salmon, and pesto is a very healthy way to get more high-quality fat into your diet, so whether you’re judging on taste or nutrition, it’s definitely a win.
- 1 cedar grilling plank;
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on;
- 1 tbsp. bell pepper, chopped;
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes, roughly chopped;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 shallot, finely chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil;
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered;
- 3 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Soak the plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
- In a food processor combine the dried tomatoes, garlic, shallots, olive oil, basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Season the salmon fillets to taste, and rub some tomato pesto over them.
- Place the plank over the heat until warm; then arrange the salmon on top.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Move the plank to indirect heat (where it isn’t directly over the flame) and cook for 12 to 15 min.
- Serve the salmon with tomato pesto and cherry tomatoes on top.