- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 205 mins
- 4 people
- May 4, 2016
Honey Teriyaki Slow-Cooker Chicken.
Eureka! We found it! (The sweet spot between flavorful and kid-friendly, that is.) Whether you make it now or make it later, this easy make-ahead chicken is downright genius. If you like to stock up on freezer meals, you can combine all the ingredients in a freezer bag for ready-to-go frozen meal kits. Or place prepped ingredients in the slow cooker instead for a weeknight dinner that practically makes itself.
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/3 cup teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12-oz bottle)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken thighs and bell pepper in slow cooker. In small bowl or measuring cup, mix teriyaki glaze, honey, gingerroot and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken, turning as necessary to coat.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or High heat setting 3 to 4 hours until chicken is tender and juice of chicken is clear.
- Remove chicken and bell pepper from cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup or small microwavable bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth. Pour juices from cooker into cornstarch mixture; mix well. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Pour sauce over chicken.
- To Make Ahead: In 1-gallon freezer bag, prepare chicken, bell pepper and teriyaki mixture as directed in step 1. Squeeze bag to mix, and thoroughly coat chicken in sauce. Seal bag. Lay flat, and freeze up to 3 months. To thaw and cook: Thaw in refrigerator overnight or until completely thawed. Cook as directed above.