- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 18 people
- February 13, 2016
White Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries.
Make this white chocolate covered strawberries recipe for a special treat for Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve. You can use white chocolate chips or a white chocolate bar for these strawberries. To make this recipe extra special, after the strawberries are covered in white chocolate, they are then dipped in coconut. Kids can even make these with you.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) white baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 18 large strawberries with leaves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Heat white baking chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted.
- For each strawberry, poke fork or toothpick into stem end, and dip three-fourths of the way into melted chips, leaving top of strawberry and leaves uncoated. Place on waxed paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Heat semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted. (Or place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 minute; stir. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes longer, until mixture can be stirred smooth.)
- Drizzle melted semisweet chocolate over dipped strawberries, using small spoon. Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until coating is set.