- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 15 people
- March 23, 2016
Chocolate Strawberry Hearts Recipe.
You can make as many or as few of these as you want, so there are no set quantities of ingredients. Find yourself a high-quality dark chocolate (look for 85% cacao or above), and try your hand at a batch: they’re easy to make, and perfect to give a loved one or a friend. Tempt your friends with a plate to share, and watch the tacky drugstore candy disappear into the background, without missing the spirit of the celebration or the chance to enjoy some sweetness in every sense of the word.Print
Chocolate Strawberry Hearts Recipe
- Fresh strawberries;
- Dark chocolate;
- Toothpicks (one per strawberry);
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries, and then cut them in half.
- Place both strawberry halves together to form a heart, and use a toothpick to pin each heart together.
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate over a medium heat.
- Cover the strawberry hearts in chocolate and allow them to cool down on a wire rack or a wax-paper covered baking sheet.
- Remove the toothpick and serve when the chocolate has hardened into a crunchy shell.