- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 6 people
- March 13, 2016
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Dipped In Nuts Recipe.
You know those caramel/peanut-coated apples they usually sell in the fall around Halloween and the chocolate/peanut ones that start getting big around Christmas? Here’s a Paleo version, but using almonds or other nuts instead of the peanuts, and strawberries for a Valentines Day theme. If you need any more persuasion, consider that strawberries are smaller than apples, which means that each individual strawberry has a greater surface area relative to its mass, which means more chocolate for you!
- 12 fresh strawberries;
- 2 cups dark chocolate, broken into pieces;
- 1 cup almonds or mixed nuts, minced;
- Pinch of sea salt;
- Heat about 2 inches of water in a double boiler, and melt the dark chocolate pieces until smooth.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the chocolate and give it a good stir.
- Place the chopped almonds in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate, letting the excess fall back into the bowl.
- Immediately dip the chocolate covered strawberries into the chopped almonds.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the leftover chocolate over them, and let sit until set.