- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- May 14, 2016
Tuna Steaks with Avocado and Tomato.
Tomato-avocado topping, wonderful here with flavorful grilled tuna, also makes a great relish for poultry or sandwiches.Print
Tuna Steaks with Avocado and Tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-oz.) fresh tuna steaks
- GRILL DIRECTIONS: Heat grill. In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Refrigerate.
- In small bowl, combine oil, lime juice, cumin and salt; blend well.
- When ready to grill, brush tuna steaks with oil mixture. Place tuna on gas grill over medium-high heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-high coals. Cook 9 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once and brushing with remaining oil mixture. Serve topping over fish.