- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 2 people
- March 13, 2016
Dill Potato Salad Recipe.
Potato salad is a staple side dish at any BBQ, block party, or picnic during the spring and summer months. While most pre-made potato salads are super convenient to just grab at your local grocery store, they can be full of unhealthy ingredients like preservatives, sugar, and bad oils. Making a homemade version can seem intimidating, you don’t want to end up with over or undercook potatoes, but here we’ve created a potato salad that is pretty simple to make and easy enough to adjust to your own liking. Now, during your next backyard BBQ, you’ll be able to serve a side-dish without having to explain why you chose sweet potatoes over white ones.Print
Dill Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 3 anchovy filets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon or homemade mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the whole potatoes into a large pot and fully cover with water, season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together the anchovy filets, mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, celery, onion, and dill, and gently mix to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.