- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 6 people
- May 18, 2016
Garlic Butter and Rosemary Pan-Roasted Chicken.
Turn average chicken into the star of a juicy and delicious meal with flavors of garlic and rosemary.Print
Garlic Butter and Rosemary Pan-Roasted Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Brush bottom of 10- to 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet (such as cast iron) with oil. Place chicken in skillet; season to taste with salt and pepper. Place skillet on bottom rack in hot oven; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 1-quart saucepan over low to medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- After baking chicken for 15 minutes, remove and discard half of rendered fat from skillet. Pour butter mixture over top of chicken. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F), and top of chicken in browned and crisp. Place sheet of foil over chicken until ready to serve.