- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 30 people
- February 1, 2016
Chocolate Heart Cupcakes.
Show your loved ones how much you care by whipping up a batch of these adorable heart-shaped cupcakes.
Chocolate Heart Cupcakes
- 12 regular-size glass or ceramic marbles
- 1 box cake mix devil’s food
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Red or pink food color
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 30 regular-size muffin cups. Place 1 marble in each muffin cup between paper baking cup and muffin pan so baking cup takes on heart shape.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill each cup two-thirds full of batter.
- Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until tops of cupcakes bounce back when touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until frosting is light and fluffy. Add food color to make desired shade of pink.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes with knife or use decorating bag fitted with plain tip. Top with candy sprinkles.