- March 11, 2016
Beef Short Rib Soup Recipe.
Soup is typically celebrated as a fall and winter food, but the changeable springtime weather makes it a perfect dish for March and April, too – you never really know when it’s going to switch from cautiously sunny to gray and cold again, and it never hurts to have something hot and comforting in reserve.Print
Beef Short Rib Soup Recipe
- 2 to 3 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1.5 lbs. beef brisket, cubed
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh tarragon
- Fresh sage
- 8 to 10 cups of water or beef stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tie the thyme, tarragon, and sage together into a bouquet.
- Brown the beef in a skillet over a high heat for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Lower the heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until colored.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and the herb bouquet.
- Top with water or beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the herb bouquet and season to taste.