- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 165 mins
- 10 people
- February 13, 2016
Strawberry White Chocolate Champagne Cake.
What could be more elegant than champagne, white chocolate and strawberries? This moist and fruity cake will make a beautiful centerpiece at your next celebration.
Strawberry White Chocolate Champagne Cake
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups champagne or pink sparkling wine
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 2 (8-inch) heart-shaped or round cake pans with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, champagne, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds or until combined; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to cooling racks; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add melted and slightly cooled white chocolate chips; beat until smooth and combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- To make cake flat, cut off rounded top of 1 cake. Place cake, cut side down, on serving plate. Frost top of cake. Top with second cake, rounded side up. Frost sides and top of cake.