Ginger, Beef, and Mushroom Stir-fry Recipe
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut into thin strips;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced;
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, halved;
- 3 cups rapini (broccoli rabe) or kale, chopped;
- Cooking fat;
- 3/4 cup beef stock;
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar (yes, it’s Paleo; there’s no actual rice in it);
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the steak to the marinade, gently toss to combine, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat some cooking fat in a large saut? pan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Add the steak and the garlic to the pan and saut? for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the steak and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return the steak to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.