Sausage-Stuffed Jalape?o Bites Recipe
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed;
- 1 small onion, diced;
- 1/4 cup almond flour;
- 1 egg beaten;
- 1 lb. jalape?o peppers or mini sweet peppers, sliced in half seeded;
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the sausage meat for 4 to 5 minutes and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the browned sausage meat, onion, almond flour, beaten egg, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each jalape?o or sweet pepper half.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.