Sponge cake with berries and sour cream
for the dough:
- 4 eggs,
- 1 Cup of flour,
- 1 Cup sugar,
- 1 Cup berries (strawberries, currants, raspberries, cranberries, etc.)
- 1 tbsp. spoon of starch,
- 1 teaspoon oil,
for the cream:
- 1 Cup sour cream,
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar,
- 10 g of vanilla sugar.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and whip the whites on low speed of mixer. Add a spoon of sugar and continue to whip until obtaining resistant foam.
- Gradually add to the yolk mass and mix gently. Then gradually add the sifted flour and stir movements from the bottom up.
- Large berries cut into several pieces, small leave whole. Add berries to starch.
- In a greased form a mound of the fruit and spread around the bottom. Pour biscuit dough on top put the remaining berries.
- Send the form with the dough in a preheated 200°C oven and bake until Golden brown approximately 20 minutes. To check the readiness of the biscuit can with a wooden stick – it should be dry.
- While baked cake, prepare the sour cream. To do this, whip the chilled cream, gradually powdering the powdered sugar mixed with vanilla sugar.
- The finished cake to cool, then cut in half lengthwise, soaked with berry juice or syrup and smazh cream.
- Collect sponge cake, decorate top with berries and sprinkle with icing sugar.