Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting and Chocolate Hearts.
A simple pink champagne cupcake made from a cake mix, with a fluffy and sweet marshmallow frosting!
Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting and Chocolate Hearts
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 c. pink Champagne, room temperature!!
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs whites
- 3-4 drops pink gel paste food color or red food color
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. white chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops pink gel paste food color or red food color
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pink Champagne, oil, egg whites, and food color.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place paper cupcake liners in each of 24 regular-sized muffin cups.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling them about ? full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Combine egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in a heat-proof bowl, ideally your mixing bowl.
- Place over top of a large saucepan of simmering water, and whisk constantly for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the egg whites are warm to the touch.
- Immediately remove the bowl from heat, and place in your stand mixer. Start beating the egg white mixture slowly at first, but gradually increase speed to high.
- Beat for 6-7 minutes, or until glossy and thick.
- Add vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Frost cupcakes.
- For chocolate hearts:
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth. Alternatively, you could microwave them for 45-60 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add food color to achieve desired color.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a parchment paper bag fitted with a #4 tip.
- Pipe hearts and 'love' in cursive (or whatever other designs) onto the parchment paper.
- Allow to set for about an hour, or refrigerate to speed up the process. Once the chocolate sets, carefully peel them from the parchment paper, and decorate the cupcakes!