- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 6 people
- April 30, 2016
Impossibly Easy BBQ Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches.
Get out your fork and knife to eat this tender biscuit that’s piled high with hearty BBQ chicken and topped with a fresh honey Dijon lettuce slaw.
Impossibly Easy BBQ Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup sliced mini multicolored bell peppers
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together Bisquick™ mix, milk, 2 tablespoons of the mustard and the cheese until soft dough forms. Spread on cookie sheet into 7x5-inch rectangle. Cut dough in half lengthwise and in thirds on the long sides. Do not separate dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, stir together chicken and barbecue sauce. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and remaining mustard. Add lettuce and bell peppers; gently toss to combine.
- To assemble sandwiches, separate biscuit rectangle along cut lines. Cut each biscuit in half. Place bottom half on plate. Top each with 1/2 cup chicken and 1/3 cup lettuce slaw. Top with biscuit tops.