- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 6 people
- February 20, 2016
Everyone will love these crisp pastry fish pies filled with all your favourite seafood.Print
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 600g ocean trout, skinned, cut into 4cm cubes
- 500g thick white boneless fish fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 700g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until very soft. Add flour and stir until well combined and bubbling. Remove pan from heat and slowly add milk, stirring continuously. Return pan to heat and stir continuously until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Add seafood, egg and parsley to sauce then season to taste with salt and white pepper. Spoon 1 1/2 cups seafood mixture into each of 6, 2-cup-capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Using a small plate as a guide, cut a 16cm round from each sheet of pastry. Place a pastry round over each bowl then press edges to sides of dishes to secure. Brush with beaten egg then place dishes on 2 oven trays. Bake pies for 20 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until pastry is golden. Serve.