Baked pesto chicken with citrus couscous.
Couscous is quick to make and is a good alternative to starchy carbohydrate.
Baked pesto chicken with citrus couscous
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 100g couscous
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place the couscous in an ovenproof dish. Mix together with the stock, red onion, red pepper, parsley, lemon zest and juice, pour over the couscous and stir.
- On top of this, place the chicken then spoon over the pesto and season to taste.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff up the couscous with a fork. Serve hot or cold.