- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 75 mins
- 2 people
- May 13, 2016
Cornish Hen with Roasted Vegetables.
A Cornish hen, roasted to perfection with an apple-scented glaze, is fancy enough for a special occasion, but easy enough for a simple dinner for two.Print
Cornish Hen with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 fresh or frozen Rock Cornish hen (24 oz), thawed
- 3/4 cup ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 3/4 cup Green Giant™ SELECT® frozen sugar snap peas
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove giblets; split hen in half. Rinse and pat dry. Place skin sides up in ungreased 12×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Arrange carrots around hen.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook jelly, butter, salt and marjoram over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until warm. Brush half of sauce over hen and carrots. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; brush with remaining sauce. Add peas; bake 20 minutes longer, brushing with pan juices once or twice, until hen is fork tender, its juices run clear and vegetables are tender.