- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- April 23, 2016
Double Barbecue Bacon Chicken Foil Packs.
We’re doubling down on our favorite grilling condiment in this new meat-and-potatoes foil pack. Barbecue chicken breasts, topped with bacon and finished with green onions, are the perfect complement to herbed cheesy potatoes.
- 1 1/4 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut in 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 4 slices cooked bacon, halved crosswise
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add cut potatoes to medium bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly coated.
- Season chicken with barbecue seasoning, and place on center of each sheet of foil. Dividing evenly, spoon potato mixture around each chicken breast. Lay bacon slices over chicken.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 9 to 10 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove packs from grill; cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil; sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and garnish with green onions.