- April 2, 2016
An alternative to supermarket nuggets that the kids will love.Print
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 egg, beaten with good pinch of pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour mixed with a pinch of salt
- 50g breadcrumbs (approx 2 slices bread, crumbed)
- 200g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Lightly oil a baking sheet and place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl. Put the flour onto a dinner plate and the breadcrumbs onto another dinner plate.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces (approx. 12-14) and place onto the plate of flour then mix so they each piece is coated, separating the pieces so they’re not touching each other.
- Wash and dry your hands, pick up a piece of chicken, shake off any excess flour, dip into the egg and place on the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle more crumbs on top to fully cover the chicken and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the nuggets are coated.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the outside is crispy and lightly browned.