- Preparation time
- 50 mins
- Cooking time
- 100 mins
- 8 people
- February 4, 2016
Garden Vegetable Lasagna.
In search of an easy meatless dish? Try this lighter lasagna with creamy ricotta blended with fresh and frozen vegetables and prepared sauce.Print
Garden Vegetable Lasagna
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups Green Giant™ Frozen Broccoli Cuts
- 1 1/2 cups (about 4 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (26 to 28-oz.) jar chunky vegetable tomato pasta sauce
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Drain; place in cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. If necessary, cut broccoli into smaller pieces.
- Beat egg in small bowl with wire whisk. Add ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning; mix well.
- Drain cooled lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, overlapping as necessary, half of ricotta mixture, half of cooked vegetables, half of remaining pasta sauce (about 2 1/4 cups) and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly. If cheese is getting too brown, cover baking dish loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.