- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 6 people
- February 5, 2016
Chili with Corn Dumplings
Here’s an easy winter warm-me-up meal. The flavorful corn dumplings cook right on top of the simmering chili.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15.25 oz) Green Giant™ whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired
- Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of the corn. Stir remaining corn with liquid, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper sauce into beef mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix Bisquick mix and cornmeal. Stir in milk, cilantro and reserved 1/2 cup corn just until moistened.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are dry.