- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 22 people
- February 10, 2016
Gluten-Free Valentine Chex Mix.
Red, white and pink make a lovely Chex® mix, especially when it’s ready in just 30 minutes!Print
Gluten-Free Valentine Chex Mix
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal (gluten free)
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup red or pink jimmies sprinkles
- In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.