- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- April 5, 2016
Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms.
Pesto is a Paleo-friendly condiment boasting a fresh-from-the-garden taste, a solid dose of healthy fats, and an irresistible deep green color that just begs you to dig right in. But it also has a problem attached: what can you do with it that doesn’t involve pasta?
One of many solutions: stuff it into mushrooms!Print
Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large crimini mushrooms, stems removed;
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- Half a tomato, seeded and thinly diced;
- 1/4 cup pesto;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Brush the mushrooms on both sides with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and cook the mushrooms 5 minutes on each side, or until just tender.
- Fill each mushroom with about a teaspoon of pesto sauce.
- Top with the diced tomato.
- Serve immediately!